Being the Guild Master is not as hard as many people make it out to be.

About Me

I am currently having a blast leveling and preparing for endgame content on Final Fantasy XIV. These are the adventures that I have come accross.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Wow

Hey there,

As I look back on my other posts, I definitely will call it a short post today. I think overall it has been a good week for my guild and I. We had some progression which is always nice. Everyone likes to see some dead Internet monsters. We definitely struggled a little bit at times, but due to some decent leadership and a little Oorah in the tank. We are gonna be alright.

I think people need to stand back and chill during some situations though. I think through out the raiding week, there were a few small events that were just blown way out of proportion. I need to work on controlling these small events, so they do not spread like wildfire.

A super positive note is the fact that one of my officers shows more and more maturity in the role that he has. I think working well with others is key to success in life, as well as WoW. He has helped control a few of these situations like one of the other officers blowing up slightly in officer chat. My one officer settled the other one down before anything ever happened.

I think I might start a small recruiting push in order to gain a few more ranged dps that don't fail at life. They are going to be crucial to the success to have a decent ranged core. Right now, I couldn't call the one we have decent, but they do get the job done currently. I just think a few of them do not have the same drive as others do. I think the drive in a hardcore raiding guild needs to be there. Like I said in my first post, some of my guildies I would call semi-hardcore and others I would call hardcore.

A lot of times with guilds like these, you have to work with different people in different ways. This is not a "How to be a GM," blog, so I am not going to tell you how to do it. I will on the other hand tell you how I personally deal with different situations as they come up. I just think many people are really different, and each situation is going to be handled differently by different people. This is one of the things that either you can do, or you can't do. I do think that you can learn from others as someone once told me, "You learn from 2 ways, your own experience, or someone Else's experience." This is one of those things that I will tell you all that I can; so that, you can learn from my experience. I think everyone will take different things from the same post. It is all in perspective.

I know all of that sounded really general, but let's face it, this is a very general topic. I think more people will get enjoyment out of this rather than information. I do not think I am the best GM in the world, as there are others that are plenty better at it. I do bring my own cards to the table though. I feel everyone has a hand, some people are better for other things. My hand just happens to be set up pretty well to be a GM. Be who you are, do not try to be someone that you are not, that is all I am getting across. I have heard that from many places myself, that is because this is the best advice I can give you.

-Dratotem.

p.s. I tried to keep it short, but dang A.D.D. got the better of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers