Being the Guild Master is not as hard as many people make it out to be.

About Me

I am currently having a blast leveling and preparing for endgame content on Final Fantasy XIV. These are the adventures that I have come accross.

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Schedule

Hello there,

Not much is going on in my guild for Saturday that is. We completely take it off as a guild for the most part. Most of my raiders are doing other things outside of WoW. I tend to work all day on Saturdays, so I do not even see who gets on. The rest of the week, the guild is full of activity with 10 mans and 25 mans. Between the 2 of those raids, most of the raiders raid 5 nights a week with only Friday and Saturday off. I prefer it this way so that everyone can have a life outside of WoW and still remain competitive dps for us. Well, not all of my members are competitive dps. I hope that all the 10mans go down tonight. Me personally will not be in a raid tonight since my 10man goes right after raids Tuesday and Wednesday. We clean up anything left on Thursday and Monday, but most of the time we only raid 2 out of the 4 nights mentioned.

I do not run any 10man groups. I do not set up any 10man groups. I think that as a guild, we should be running 10mans in order to get the gear out of there. I know that 3 groups go every week to 10man, so with our 32 member roster. Only 2 people should have to pug this raid every week. In theory anyways. I personally have a few people who have stepped up to run the 10mans, and they do everything for the group, they set up the time with everyone in it, as well as organize all the strategies.

I clearly tell everyone in my guild that I have zero, nada, nothing to do with 10mans. Obviously, this is a lie. I have to step in with situations like these above, but me personally, I do not want to run all the 25mans as well as a separate 10man. I have a lot on my plate, so I have to delegate some of the responsibility else where. I did not want all of the drama of the 10mans. I mean, I have to deal with a lot of drama as it is, but I did not want people to QQ to me about why so and so did not take them. I leave it completely up to the leaders on who they take. The leaders do a good job of setting up their runs and taking the same 10 people every week. I mean a few people to rotate around, but generally the other 2 groups have their core people and work around that. From a PR perspective, I do not mess with 10mans, but if I do step in, I only talk to the people I need to talk to, like the leaders as in the case above. I do not put a public post out there for everyone to read, so to the average guildy, they see me say I do nothing with 10mans. They then take their problems to the leader of the 10mans. I only know of a couple people that harrass my leaders for the 10man runs, but it is still a very small burden on these people's shoulders compared to running the 25man raids.

Having set groups can be hard for 10mans. For me to just look at the dps charts and assign people to 10man runs based on that is retarded. The groups all have to click together. If there is no click, then the run is doomed. It took two tries to get the groups right without me posting on our forums that these were the set groups. I just let the people who were friends take initiative to set up groups for them to run with. I know a lot of guilds that just do the post on the forums and say bam thats group 1 and 2, and maybe 3. I have 3 successful 10man groups that run through ICC every week now, and I did not have to do much work other than moniter how far they get. I know the other two groups are not seeing the same progression as the 10man that I am on, but at least they are getting the fights that we have on farm status in 25man down.

-Dratotem

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers