Being the Guild Master is not as hard as many people make it out to be.

About Me

I am currently having a blast leveling and preparing for endgame content on Final Fantasy XIV. These are the adventures that I have come accross.

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Trash

Well World,

Tonight we had a relatively nice night of raiding. A few notes though, we lost our third best ranged dps today before raid. He up and quit the guild all of the sudden without any type of notice. We also had one of our hunters leave last week, but he let us know 3 weeks ago that his schedule was changing. He did the nice thing of letting us know, he was not one of our pro core players, but he did show up to almost every raid. Anyway, back to this mage that left today. My theory is he left because of the lack of caring in my guild.

The kid( I use that term very loosely, as no kid should be in my guild since it is such a late night raiding guild. I use the term more as a showing of immaturity.) started a lot of stuff in his head mostly. He did a lot of complaining in guild chat as well as in tells to players(who all came to me and told me). I mean, I am the GM, people come to me with their problems, this person did not. He would do all this complaining about getting promoted, then about not being on a 10 man team, which I covered in an earlier post that I don't get involved with 10 man drama. With all this complaining, people didn't even tell him to shut up in guild chat; people straight ignored it. I thought it was a little amusing at fact no one bothered to cater to his issues that he created for himself. I tend to leave a lot of issues to the guild to decide on and to eat people like this. I mean eat them, as in swallow them up and turn them into us or make them quit.

With a raiding guild, you tend to become a group of people with the common goal, and eventually, you become a lot alike. Someone, whom has not been in the guild that long, stated at one of the raids that we must strive to be the biggest dicks on the server. I don't think we strive to this, but it happens that way. I think it is in our cold personalities like mine. I do not want to say I am as heartless and soulless as I say in game, but I do have little care about certain things. I do think that a guild should keep a decent reputation on a server, we are no ninjas. We are not being flamed on the server forums for doing things that show we have no integrity. If you go look through, you can see what one of our people that left the guild said on the forums about how we are. I do not want to say we are nice people; we aren't. I say we do things in our own way, we are cruel. We do not hide this fact ever, but we have a good time. We are only cruel if you take a lot of things we say to heart.

As in the world of Internet chats, we tend to joke a lot about each other. We like to burn each other a lot. We also bring in a lot of racist, sexist, and pure wrong words that I would personally never use in front of my mother. I personally do not use a lot of these words in my conversations, as well as I do not curse often. You can ask anyone in my guild as well as in my life, I do not curse that much. I think that the core people in your guild set a lot of these tempos of the guild, I could try to crack down on it, but I might as well start recruiting another 15 players or so that are all top notch players. I do not want to do this. I am better off leaving and trying to do something new. However, I am not about do this as I am ok with a lot of this. I find a lot of the conversations funny.

All in all, we did not get Princes down tonight, which was a little sad. We at least got all of the farm content down in ICC, VoA, and the raid weekly done. I consider this a win for the guild. We did all of this in 2 and a half hours. The content in ICC we have on farm now is the first 4 bosses, Rotface, and Festergut.

-Dratotem

P.S. I just noticed that I did not post on sunday, which is good game in my book. I totally forgot to post it, I had it saved and everything. I failed at it. I am sorry, I am just going to save it and post it next sunday. Sorry for all the people that are reading my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers